Available only a few months of the year, white truffles from Alba, a small town located in the region of Piedmont, Italy, are foraged by intrepid pigs in search of a rare prize. Considered the ultimate in luxury and a “diamond” of the kitchen by chefs, truffles’ intoxicating aroma and rich, pungent taste are a delightful treat. To honour the season, Executive Chef Weimar Gomez presents an unmissable five-course white truffle menu available for a limited number of guests on November 16, 22 and 30. Purchase tickets here. At $250 per person, the menu features:
– Chestnut cappuccino, with white truffles and chicken liver “cremeaux”
– Lobster, parsnip foam, Jerusalem artichokes, and white truffles
– Pan roasted scallops, angel hair pasta, taleggio cream, shaved white truffle
– Sablefish, Dungeness crab ravioli, parmesan flakes, artichokes and white truffle
– YEW hazelnut Rocher, with Nutella, toasted hazelnut, milk chocolate mousse, and praline cream
Guests can also amp up the luxury in some special dishes during the white truffle’s brief but glorious season. Add by weight to some YEW favourites including Scallops with Cauliflower, Lobster Bisque, Seafood Risotto and Sablefish for daily market price per gram.