Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver and YEW seafood + bar have partnered with established BC muralist Tyler Toews to create a tribute to the beautiful west coast city that has been home to the Hotel for the past 43 years. The three-wall mural, titled West Coast Perspective, was just completed in our second floor lobby and features the Lions Gate Bridge, Vancouver skyline and a vibrant underwater scene highlighting familiar inhabitants of Vancouver’s waters such as Pacific salmon, dungeness crabs and bull kelp, as a celebration of the city and a nod to our commitment to Ocean Wise.
During your next visit to YEW in Four Seasons, snap a photo in front of our new mural and use the hashtag #westcoastperspective. Tag us in the photo @FSVancouver and you’ll be entered to win a $200 Four Seasons/YEW.
Contest closes June 30th. See below for full contest rules and regulations.
FOUR SEASONS HOTEL VANCOUVER
#WestCoastPerspective Instagram Giveaway – Official Rules
This Promotion is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) only. Participants must be over the age of 21 at the time of entry. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
The #WestCoastPerspective Instagram Giveaway (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:01 a.m. PST on May 21, 2019 (the “Promotion Start Date”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on June 30, 2019 (the “Promotion End Date”), such period referred to herein as the “Promotion Period.” The Promotion is sponsored by Four Seasons dba Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver (the “Promotion Sponsor”). The Promotion Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Promotion. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You are providing your information to the Promotion Sponsor, and not to Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion shall be directed to the Promotion Sponsor and not to Instagram.
- How to Enter: To enter the Promotion:
- Log into your Instagram account (instagram.com). If you are not already a member of Instagram, download and install the free Instagram application and register for a free Instagram account.
- Once you are an Instagram member, follow @fsvancouver on Instagram.
- Take a photo or selfie in front of Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver’s new West Coast Perspective mural (located in their 2nd floor lobby) and post on your Instagram feed. Make sure your account is not set to private, so we can view your entry.
- Tag @FSVancouver and use the hashtag #westcoastperspective on your photo.
- Once you have followed the @FSVancouver Instagram account, posted a photo with the mural tagging @FSVancouver and using the hashtag #westcoastperspective on your post, you will be entered into the giveaway.
By entering the Promotion, you agree that you have read and will abide by these Official Rules.
- Prize: There will be one (1) prize offered to the winner of the Promotion, consisting of a Four Seasons (also valid for YEW seafood + bar) gift certificate, valued at CAD $200.
Odds of winning are affected by the number of eligible entries received by the Promotion Sponsor by the Promotion End Date. Total approximate retail value of all prizes: CAD $200. There is no substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes allowed. Winner will be solely responsible for all other expenses in excess of the prize amount. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. The Promotion Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. All federal, state, provincial/territorial, and local taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the winner. In order to receive a prize, winner may be required to provide proof of identification.
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least 21 years old at the time of entry. The prize shall only be delivered to addresses in those areas.
Entries that are submitted in connection with the Promotion will only be eligible if such entries do not contain content that is unlawful, hateful or obscene, in the Promotion Sponsor’s sole discretion, and do not include any other identifiable individual other than the individual participant unless prior express consent is obtained from such individual. The Promotion Sponsor will allow only those entries that meet all of these criteria, in the sole discretion of the Promotion Sponsor, to be posted.
- Use of Content:
By submitting content, you acknowledge that any personal data supplied by you may be used by the Promotion Sponsor or its agents to conduct and support the promotion, including to inform the winning participant of its winning entry, to distribute the prize, to comply with Section 8 below and otherwise as may be required by law. In addition, Promotion Sponsor may use any such personal data for the purpose of sending commercial marketing and communication emails to you. Promotion Sponsor may also share any such personal data with third parties for the purpose of commercial marketing and communications. You hereby consent to such use. You have the right to access, modify and request the destruction of your personal data at any time by sending a request to the Promotion Sponsor; and you have the right to opt out from receiving such marketing and communication at any time by sending a message to the Promotion Sponsor.
- Selection of Winners: On or before July 5, 2019 (the “Selection Date”), the Promotion Sponsor will select the winner. The winner will be selected in a random drawing using a random selection app (such as Woobox) from all eligible entries received by the Promotion End Date. The choice of winner is final and binding and not subject to review or appeal. The winner will be notified by Instagram Direct Message within one (1) day of the Selection Date. In order to win, selected Canadian entrants must also correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by direct message, mail, email or telephone.
In the event the winner does not accept the prize within 3 days of such notice, the winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable, an alternate winner may be selected. The Promotion Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address (by reference only to the state, province, county or region), likeness, and/or prize information by Promotion Sponsor, and Four Seasons for promotional purposes in any medium without additional permission or compensation to the extent permitted by law. Where lawful, the winner may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release. Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his or her state or providence of residence will be awarded to such minor’s parent or legal guardian, who may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release.
- Conditions: The Promotion Sponsor, Four Seasons, Owners and Instagram, and their respective agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim (to the fullest extent permitted by law), all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, unintelligible or postage-due entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Promotion Sponsor; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Promotion should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Promotion Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In the event that proper administration of the Promotion is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, the Promotion Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such occurrence. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address affiliated with the Instagram account at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. By participating in the Promotion, participants and winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Promotion, participation in the Promotion, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. This Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario and all federal Canadian laws applicable therein for any disputes involving residents of Canada.
- Winners List: For the name of the winner, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Promotion Sponsor within ninety (90) days of the Selection Date.
- Promotion Sponsor:
Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
791 West Georgia Street
Contact: Krisann Hamazaki, Public Relations and Communications Manager
- Notice: The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Promotion in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
- Copyright © 2019 Four Seasons Hotels Limited. All rights reserved. Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts and the associated logo and Tree Device are registered trademarks of Four Seasons Hotels Limited and its affiliates. Any other trademarks in these Official Rules are used for prize identification purposes ONLY and are the properties of their respective owners.