Moris Farms, Morellino di Scansano 'Riserva', Maremma, Tuscany, 2004
The Moris Family, dedicated to organic viticulture in the Maremma region of Tuscany,
is one of Southern Tuscany’s premier producers offering wines which have remained true to their origin while at the same time pioneering the exploration of non-tuscan varietals. Over the years, the family has stayed true to their roots and offer excellent value at every price point. The Moris family has been in Maremma for over 200 years.
The 2004 Morellino di Scansano Riserva is made from 90% “Morellino” (the local name for Sangiovese), with the remaining 10% being Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. This wine offers enticing perfumed cherry aromas backed by lovely leather and herbal notes. A decade of bottle age gives the palate an attractive evolved complexity while remaining fresh and delightfully Tuscan.
Enjoy with our roasted chicken breast with crispy bacon, celery root, walnuts, kale and truffle vinaigrette.
2 oz $9 / 4 oz $18 / 6 oz $26
Emily Walker, YEW Sommelier - @hintsofhawthorn
Morellino di Scansano 'Riserva', Moris Farms
Maremma, Tuscany 2010